We Celebrate Alien Day! part 2




Well so far Alien Day has proved to be a hit! Fans everywhere seem to be getting in on the action and plenty of companies are participating and revealing all sorts of Alien themed treats for fans to score!
From prints to toys and everything else, it seems everyone has has got on board and made today a real treat for fans of the franchise. And why not, the Alien franchise is one that has remained popular for decades and even for myself, my interest is at an all time high. Earlier I wrote a post detailing my personal memories regarding each film, which was a fun walk down memory lane for me. Now as a capper to Alien Day we want to have a little more fun and share a couple pieces of art and some photography I did using my own personal Alien collection, as well as some final thoughts on the significance of today and the Alien films. Let's get to it!


ALIEN ART

As I mentioned in our earlier post, we had originally wanted to host an Alien themed art show, unfortunately it didn't all come together for us the way we hoped, but we were able to nab three great pieces to share with a few of our friends who were kind enough to contribute their work to our cause. So for that Paolo, Brian and Travis, I thank you greatly! Check out these great pieces below.

Yaphet Scream by Travis Falligant

Yaphet Scream by Travis Falligant

Above is a great piece by our good pal Travis Falligant who is a talented artist and illustrator that has always been a big supporter of our site and is just an all around cool dude. The above depicts actor Yaphet Kotto as Parker in the original Alien film at the moment before his demise. It is a unique
choice and he captures the emotion of this scene perfectly. To see more of his work check out the links below!

www.ibtrav.com
link to purchase poster of Yaphet art: http://www.redbubble.com/people/ibtrav/works/12148695-yaphet-oh-no?grid_pos=1&p=poster
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ibtrav
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ibtrav/
___________________________

Alien by Maxx Sterling

Alien by Maxx Sterling
This second piece of awesome art is by Maxx Sterling, an artist I came across while searching Instagram. I instantly became a fan of his work with each new piece I saw. I decided to reach out to him about the art show and he was down to contribute, I am really glad he was able to complete and submit his work because the end result was just phenomenal as you can see. I particularly love the fact that its extremely detailed and accurate to the Alien design while still being stylized and unique. I hope this will be the first of more future collaborations between us as his art is definitely on the same page as our interests and stylistic preferences. Check out more of his great work at the links below!

www.maxxsterling.bigcartel.com
www.bscanio.tumblr.com
Instagram @maxxsterling
vsco: www.maxxsterling.vsco.co


Xenomorph by Paolo Rivera


Xenomorph by Paolo Rivera
This final piece by artist Paolo Rivera is one I am really pleased to be able to include here as Paolo is one of my absolute favorite artists. He has worked on a multitude of comic books particularly Marvel and Dark Horse. He is one of my favorite Spider-Man artists and his work on that book as well as Daredevil is some of the best stuff you will see. He is currently working on Hellboy for Dark Horse Comics. Always friendly and down to earth, Paolo was kind enough to let us include this piece he did for Alien Day and we are honored to do so. It makes wish he would tackle a new Alien comic book. I highly recommend you checking out more of his other work at the links below as you are sure to see something you will like.

http://www.paolorivera.com/
https://twitter.com/paolomrivera

I want to thank all three of you guys for contributing and helping us celebrate Alien Day. We can't thank you enough!

ALIEN PHOTOS

In doing my part to keep the spirit of the day going, I snapped a snapped a few cool Alien related photos using my Alien collectibles and tried as best I could to bring some life to them. One of the reason I love picking up these Alien figures is that they are in fact so much fun to photograph, so check out below some of the shots I took to celebrate Alien Day. These were much safer to photograph than real Aliens.















Those were all fun to shoot, even while being time consuming and frustrating having Aliens tip over, it is always a blast to get behind the lens and snap pics of these creatures. I would love to some day do a real live action Alien photoshoot, but for now, this will do the job. I hope you all enjoyed checking them out. Feel free to repost them as well. 

Now as the evening winds down, it is time to get settled in to watch Aliens, and I just want to say, we know Alien Day is a made up holiday to help push new Alien product and so forth, but truth be told, it is also something else. It is an excuse to get excited about something, a reason to look forward to a day, and most important, it is an excuse to have FUN. Just as any holiday, Halloween, Christmas, etc. You get what you put into it, if you want to have fun, watch movies, read comics, buy cool stuff, or anything else, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Life is about having great experiences and enjoying it while we can, so Alien Day for me has been just that, and I will look forward to it each year. So I hope everyone has been doing their best to have a little bit of fun today and hope we here at TrueHorror.net helped you do that in some small way. Till next year. 













1 comment: