Blood, Babes and Boogeymen: Holly Will Make You Appreciate Life


As you may have noticed from checking out this site one of my favorite people to collaborate with is my good friend Holly. She has always been willing to jump into any projects I come up with for her and is always a blast to work with. She is a huge reason for the success of this site and helped me launch it in grand style with our  "Wanna Play?"  photo set, which to this day is a big fan favorite and still our most viewed set on the site. We followed that up with our popular "Movie Night" shoot. It was ultimately a no brainer to entrust Holly with TrueHorror.net's flagship character, our original female slasher bearing her name in our faux film project  "Carved"   (of which there will be a sequel later this year!)  So with all that being said, It seemed like a good time to go back to our first photoshoot together. The Billy the Puppet inspired Saw themed shoot we just about did 3 years ago. prior to the relaunch of this version of the site. It was this photoset that really cemented the fact I wanted to focus much more on photography and creating these images. It was a fun experience to first work with Holly, she was very patient and kept up a good sense of humor throughout which I find is always important during a shoot. I will say these to this day might possibly be my favorite shots I have done and also have to thank Natalie for doing a amazing job on Holly's makeup. Everything came together to create striking images that I never tired of looking at. 


My favorite photo from this set is the one seen above. It was the first photo I did that turned out exactly as I had envisioned it in my head. It was such a thrill seeing it realized and it received so many compliments upon initially sharing it that it made me really begin to trust in my ability to create these images. So I definitely see this set as a springboard for the everything that has followed. I cannot thank Holly enough for putting her trust in me with this one and glad that I could deliver.


The obvious thought here was to do a sexy version of Billy the Puppet's outfit from the Saw movies matched with a grungy setting that is so pervasive in those films. Having Holly sit on the tricycle for such a long time was not the easiest thing for her to do, but she never complained once and in retrospect,  I don't think there is any other model who could have fit on it and make it work. The green layer of texture just helped to add to the look seen in the films. 



I hope you guys enjoy revisiting these images again, as I am happy to give them some new life and some much deserved attention. After all they never had a dedicated post on the site till now. I am excited about the new projects Holly and I have been planning and can't wait to share them with you all, still till the time is right, hopefully all the previous images we have created will tide you over till then.


One more cool thing was that I got to actually share these a while back with Saw creator James Wan who was kind enough to approve. 



Below is a bonus outtake I always loved, I just really dig her expression. along with a random behind the scenes shot.















0 comments: